Welcome to The Olive Wood Factory in Bethlehem
The olive wood factory is owned by Jiries Giacman and his 3 Sons. One of the Oldest Christian families still remaining in Bethlehem, born in Bethlehem. Established in 1925 by his father, Elias Giacaman, and now is run by Bassem Giacaman, the 3rd generation.
Our Factory is very easy to find alone when your in Bethlehem.Its 2 minutes walk from the Nativity Church and next to the Milk Grotto Church .
We are so close to the Nativity church in Bethlehem we can have your items Blessed specially for you providing a picture under your name for Free .
All purchases will be mailed out ASAP with a Tracking number and insured via Israeli Post
1st Generation: ELIAS GIACAMAN
Elias Giacaman established the business in 1925.His late father (Ibrahim) also worked in the olive wood, making Rosaries.
Elias worked late hours and nights, and he created a reputation for himself. He died at the age of 82, still working. He is very well known in the holy land for his Fine Olive Wood Carvings, and the Mother of Pearl skills.
2nd Generation: JIRIES GIACAMAN
Jiries Giacaman is one of the Most skilled craftsmen in Bethlehem. He has 55 solid years of experience. He worked along his father, and he also taught his sons and nephews the trade.
He specializes in all the steps of wood carving, whereas today, workers only Specialize in doing 1 step. He worked days and nights establishing the family business ,despite the war and broke all odds to help his family threw the very hard times.
3rd Generation: BASSEM GIACAMAN
Bassem Giacaman has lived and studied Overseas in New Zealand. He has worked along side his father since he was 12 years old. He has a solid 22 years’ experience in wood carving .
Bassem worked as a carpenter just like Joseph and Jesus did in Nazareth. What better trade to have than what Jesus did. He studied a Bachelor of Science in mathematics at the Auckland University in New Zealand.
Despite all the trouble in the holy land and the construction of the 8-meter wall and Christians leaving the holy land, he has never forgotten his roots, and remains in the holy land running the 3rd generation family business that his father and grandfather established
Buy from our olive Wood Factory, at factory prices, no middle man to make commission or a cut, and go distribute /sell at malls, Churches, Gift shops
You just simply buy at factory prices, and we ship the products to you within 10 working days, and you resale them.
For more information, please email Bassem Giacaman, and he can guide you through the whole process, and answer any questions you might have.
We never pressure our customers to buy anything from us. We welcome them to our Factory, and give them the best discounts. We guarantee you that you will have quality products made from the finest Olive Wood in Bethlehem .
We Manufacture /Deliver to most countries. we are not like other shops who say they have an olive wood Factory, and you never get to see it, or take you to someone else factory pretending its there’s.
Our factory and Shop are same building.We are exactly next door to Milk Grotto church or 2 minutes walk from the Church of The Nativity in Bethlehem . You will see our workers making the finest olive wood carvings, and you get to see them in your own 2 eyes and take as many pictures as you want. You get to see the olive wood, see how we dry it naturally for 1 year before we work with it, the machines, and the workers.
The IMPORTANCE OF OLIVE WOOD
Why olive wood is used, and not any other wood?
- Because it’s a native to the holy land. The 1st olive wood groves were grown over 6000 years ago.
- Jesus was arrested on the Mount of olives before he died.
- California University Carbon dated in 1990, the olive groves on the Mount of Olives to be over 2300 years old. They still remain standing today.
- An olive wood tree is a very slow growing tree, and must be over 150 years before we could prune it.
- No one is allowed to cut any olive trees down. Once the tree reaches over 150 years old, before we could prune it. The older the olive tree the darker the color on the wood will be, and the younger the olive tree, the lighter the color will be.
- The pruning starts straight after the olives are harvested in October and ends mid-march, after march the olives starts developing on the tree.
- The tree is never damaged, pruning is very important every year, so new branches grow and the olive tree yields more olives every year.
- From the tree we get olives, and from the olives we get our olive oil, and the left-over pulp we make soap etc.
- Olive tree is a symbol of Peace –the Bible story of Noah and the Flood.
- We use Olives for eating and putting on our pizza.
- We use the seeds of the Olives to make Rosaries.
- We use the pruned wood to make beautiful handmade wood carvings.
- From the olive tree, the best pruned pieces are used for making beautiful carvings, and the saw dust gets past to people to use in their farms.
- Tiny off cuts get bagged for the cold winter fire.
- Since the days of Noah, the olive tree has been a symbol of peace. Farmers still continue to grow olive trees as a way of staying connected to the holy land struggles and war for one day to have Peace.
DHL Within 4 -5 Days
EMS Within 7 to 10 Days
SEA Within 50 to 60 Days
Credit Card Threw Website ,Bank Transfer ,Western Union .
A Tracking number will be supplied within 3 working days, and emailed to you, so you could track down the parcel’s whereabouts.(www.17track.net/e)
Parcels will be delivered to your door step.
We only charge you exactly for the shipping that we get charged by our postage company, whereas other companies say free shipping, but their products are so expensive, they cover their shipping that way. We have nothing to hide.You can find exact shipping prices on this website anytime by entering country and weight . https://www.israelpost.co.il/npostcalc.nsf/Calculator2NOHE?OpenForm&mo=2&L=EN&menu=12&hidec=5
Our shipping company, is very Reliable, Honest, on time and very well priced.All parcels have full insurance .
Quality Control will be made for every single item leaving The Factory for any Defects when Being Shipped .
Bassem Giacaman, who runs both The Olive Wood Factory and The Blessings Gift Shop will Never disclose your phone number, address, email, personal information, credit card details to any person. He is the sole operator, and takes people’s privacy very Seriously.